Sunday, July 26, 2009

Our newest member, Adalyn Grace Bond



She was born on July 23rd at 1:16 pm. She weighs 7 lbs 5 ozs and is 19 inches long. This was my longest labor to date. She weighed and measured almost exactly what Aubrey did. She has one dimple in her right cheek. We named her after my Grandma Dean whose name is Ada Evelyn. So we combined her first and middle name to get Adalyn with a short A sound. I think this is fitting considering she resembles more of the Dean side. We are so glad she is here. I will save the labor story for another post. What I will say is that it was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life..


Her Daddy already just adores her.


It is amazing to me that my heart can open up and love another so much. I love being her mother. The Lord has truly blessed our family with such a beautiful little girl..

17 comments:

Summer Smith said...

Ahhh...I can't wait to meet her

Bond Fam said...

Ohhhhh she is so cute! I can't wait to come and snuggle her!

Keri said...

Congratulations! She's adorable. Did you know she was born on Sydney's 5th birthday?

Courtney said...

What a cute little girl! She looks sweet! I hope things are going well for you guys adjusting to a new one. Please call if you need help or anything.

Brooke said...

oh Melanie, she is so precious! Way to go through the hardest thing you have ever gone through...I am waiting to hear the story.

Katie said...

Congratulations Melanie! She is so cute with all that hair!

Sara said...

Yay!!! Congratulations! :)

The Betitas said...

What a sweetheart! Love you!!!

Angela said...

Congrats on the Adalyn and the delivery. Glad to see that mom and baby and doing fine!

Amy said...

Congrats Mel and family! She is adorable!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! She's very pretty! I've been checking your blog wondering how close you were getting :) The 23rd is my birthday too :) Cool beans! Take care of yourself mama.

Tevye said...

Congratulations to you guys! As per all your kids, she is beautiful - good gene pool!

Jo Romero said...

So Cute! congrats~ I bet you are glad it's all over (the labor anyway)

Anonymous said...

Melanie! I'm so proud of you! she is so dang cute. I can't wait to see her

Chanel said...

Congrats Mel- SHe is beautiful!!! I am so happy for you!!

Lori Buhr said...

Oh, Melanie! I am so glad she is here. Early is better than later, I think. She is beautiful. You can always tell me your birth story privately if you're afraid to scare the others. I don't think I can be frightened. Hope it went well. Either way it is over now. Love you!

Vanessa said...

Congratulations Melanie! I had no idea! She is lovely!!!