I know this movie is quite a few years old. But, I saw it for the first time the other night. It was so good. It really brought up lots of emotion about my own Father's death. There are things that I wish were different after my Dad died. I really wish that he was not cremated. In the back of my mind he is still living in Arizona. It is hard to say good bye to ashes. It is hard for me to get finality with it. I really miss him oh so very much. I miss the big, strong hugs that he would give when he would see me. Even after I was an adult, when he would hug me I felt like I did when I was young.
I know its been 2 1/2 years but sometimes it is still so hard..
But, if you want to see a good movie and haven't seen this one, I recommend it.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Posted by melanie at 10:57 AM
Monday, May 2, 2011
I am reminded once again of the importance of temple attendance. I came across this great talk by John H. Groberg and I wanted to share some things from it.
You Are Invited
...to spend a half day (or even a full day) in the temple each month Here is what monthly temple participation will do for you:
1. If a man, you will become mighty; if a woman, powerful. (D&C 109:22)
2. It will serve as great "insurance protection" for your marriage. (D&C 132:19)
3. The blessings of the Eternal Gods will be called down upon you, and great spiritual growth will be yours. (D&C 109: 12&14)
4. Unseen angels will watch over your loved ones when Satanic forces tempt them. (Acts 27:23)
5. Your families will draw close to the Lord and there will be no empty chairs in the Celestial Kingdom. (Hymn #301)
6. Your children will all go on missions. (D&C 109:58)
7. You children will get married in the temple. (Conference Talks)
8. The veil will be thin, you will have great spiritual growth, and many spiritual experiences will distill upon you. (D&C 138)
9. You will be prepared for exaltation--with a celestial body, a celestial mind, and a celestial personality. (3 Nephi 12-20, 3 )
10. You will become receptive to divine guidance and you will receive spiritual perception to help you grapple with your problems and cares. (D&C 38:30) (D& C 3:1-3)
11. You will see clearly how to make critical decisions that weigh heavily on your mind. (D&C (109:42)
12. You will become Christlike. (D&C 109:22-25)
What a blessing for me to have so many temples close by. I am committing to myself to go more often.
Posted by melanie at 10:12 AM