Wednesday, August 12, 2009

2 week check-up



I took Adalyn in for her two week check up and these are her stats.

At Birth she weighed 7 lbs 5 ozs and was 19 inches long.
At her 2 week check-up she was 8 lbs 4 ozs and 20 1/2 inches long.

She is such an amazing eater. She feeds every hour and a half which makes for a very tired mama. She still sleeps lots. I love having her in our home. The kids just adore her. Thank goodness for all the hands that want to help hold her. Otherwise, I am not sure how I would get anything done. I love having her sleep with me, which I know and have learned from past children that is not such a good idea. I just figure I will stop when she is a few months old. I feel safer knowing she is right next to me.
This has been so much work but I LOVE being her mother. I feel so blessed that Heavenly Father has given me the opportunity to take care of her.

12 comments:

Vanessa said...

Melanie! She is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

Keri said...

Glad you're doing well. She's gorgeous! But then again, all of your kids are! I sure hope she will stretch those feeding out for you. :)

Amy said...

She is so beautiful and looks so different from the last time I saw her. She is growing fast all ready!

Sara said...

She is a beauty!!! :)

The Betitas said...

What a sweet and beautiful little girl!

Mel and Angus said...

What a wonderful gift you got! She is a beautiful little girl.

Jen and Allen said...

Melanie she is sooooo pretty... not cute becuase its more than cute she is such a pretty baby.

Bond Fam said...

Ohhhhhh what a beautiful picture!!!

Courtney said...

What a sweet little girl! Sounds like things are going well for you folk. We need to come by and see your little sweetie (along with the rest of you ;) sometime soon!

Unknown said...

Awww....Just precious!

Nalene said...

What a beauty! Congradulations!!

DHFarnsworth said...

Melanie,
Congratulations! She is beautiful--she fits right in with the rest of your beautiful bunch. I'm glad to find your blog,too, to keep up to date.