Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summer's baby


Summer had her baby! I am so excited to see my baby sister become a Mom. It was such a great experience being able to be there with her and help her through one of the most important events in her life. She was scheduled to be induced but didn't have to be. Her water broke that morning at 5am. She had her epidural in by 6:30. From 6:30 until about 3, it was just a waiting game. We watched movies and read. I think her husband Jesse was getting a bit of cabin fever. It took her awhile to dilate to a 4 but, she went from a 4 to a 10 in a matter of 2 hours.
She started pushing at 3:00. But, Bryton decided to take her own sweet time. Summer did so amazing. She pushed for 3 hours. Jesse was a great coach. Bryton was born just a little before 6:00. She came out just a screaming.. She did not stop until she heard her daddy's voice. He started talking to her and she automatically stopped crying and just stared at him. He held her hand and just talked to her. It was such a sweet moment.

She weighed in at 7.7 lbs and 21 inches long..



She is so beautiful. It really makes me so anxious to meet my own little girl..

10 comments:

Amy said...

Bryton is so beautiful!!! She seems to curious and in wonderment. Or maybe I just haven't seen a baby for a long time.

Summer and Jesse will be great parents!

Congrats to them both! And to your family in welcoming another incredible spirit to the bunch!

Anonymous said...

oh wow she is so cute! I'm excited for them. I'm excited to see your sweet baby too!

Carmen said...

She is so gorgeous, I am glad you posted pictures I have been waiting!

Jen and Allen said...

Oh yea! I bet it was nice to be there. She is so beautiful Tell Summer Congrats for us. Next it will be you and we cant wait for it either.

Anonymous said...

Lori posting on Kim's computer. Being at a birth really puts things into proper prospective. Congratulations to everyone! What a beautiful baby!

Bond Fam said...

Ahhh she is beautiful!!

Amber said...

I am gong to have to dish out a baby photo of you Mel to compare.

Anonymous said...

OH congrats! She's so beautiful! Summer you're my hero, pushing for three hours! I know you and Jesse will have a great time being parents!

Tevye said...

Most heartfelt congratulations to Summer! What a blessing to you and a beginning of the joy and rejoicing that comes with your posterity. We would love to see more pictures as she grows.

Sara said...

Oh she is SO pretty!!! Congratulations to Summer and Jesse!!!