Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I love my job

My mother in law came up on Friday and took my three youngest kids down to New Mexico for the week. This is something that she does every summer. Aubrey used to go down too but I think she has out grown it. So, it is Jonathan, Aubrey and me. Having them gone really helps me to appreciate how much I really love my job as mom. I feel almost lost without them.
I was at the bank yesterday. Every time we go to the bank Haylee has to get a sucker but it has to be a blue one because that is her favorite color. So, it felt strange not to grab her a blue sucker. Aubrey and I were at Walmart and I was getting cereal. Jerin and Haylee are the ones that pick out the cereal. I just wasn't sure what to get. These are just little things that remind me of how much I love my kids and my job..
How blessed I feel to have the children I do. I love being a mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awe Mel! just you wait, that baby is going to comeand you are going to think... wow, i'm a busy busy mama!

Brooke said...

Mel you are so cute and thoughtful. I LOVE Bryn being in my life. Though I wonder what it would be like to have more than one child. It seems fun and busy and lots of work to have more than one, but it also sounds so enjoyable. Enjoy your week. The kiddo's will be home soon.