Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Just one of those times

I am sitting here going through blogs, reading about different lives. I am thankful that I am able to get glimpses about what people are doing, about how they live their lives. Doing this, has really made me miss all my loved ones that are gone.
I was reading my friend Carmen's blog. She has a picture of her brother who reminds me of my brother Joel. Oh! how I miss him. I just long to see him, to talk to him.So much has gone on since he left us. I wonder what he thinks of all of this. I would love to ask him. Joel! I miss you.

he is such a handsome man!

I went to my Uncle Ricky's house the day that Aubrey left to NY and sat and talked with him. He looks so much like my dad. I couldn't help but just stare at him. He even has some of the same mannerisms. OH! how I would love to talk to my dad about my latest adventures in basketball. Every time I step out on the court to coach I think of him.

he was my coach through all my elementary years. I loved it.


This was taken in Mesa. We went and visited him in March before he died.

I just read a post on my cousin Kim's blog about my grandma Dean. I miss her so much. I miss the little things like cards in the mail that I could always count on getting. I miss going to her home and knowing that we would probably have frozen pizza and root beer floats. I love that she loved her great-grandkids just as much as her grandkids.

I am so blessed to call her my grandma

So, this really doesn't happen very often. But, tonight I just miss them.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Somehow I bet they miss us, too!

Bond Fam said...

What a beautiful post Mel, I do this often too, I always think about my Grandma and how much I wish she could have been here to meet my kids, how much I miss her laugh and her smile, playing games with her, and tieing quilts together. We are so blessed that we have the knowledge of the gospel! Oh how much harder it would be to deal with the loss of our loved ones without this knowledge that they are not gone, and that someday we can be together with them forever.

Carmen said...

Mel, I am horrible. I thought I had checked your blog lately but obviously I haven't. I am so glad that you posted this. It is amazing the little things that remind us of the people that have gone before us. I was putting eye drops in the other day and thought of my Grandma (because she hated eye drops). I am sure the brother you were talking about was Nate. Amber said the same thing a while back. Everyone did always think Joel and I looked alike so I guess it makes sense that my brother would look like him. I wish you hadn't lost so many close people in your life but I guess there are just that many more people rooting for you on the other side. Love ya