Thursday, February 10, 2011

My birthday

It was a great day today. I woke up this morning feeling rested. I had a good night sleep. Adalyn hasn't been feeling well. She had a double ear infection and she seems to get teeth in groups of four. So, she has had a miserable month and hasn't been sleeping well. But, last night was a little bit different. Anyway, I am grateful that I woke up feeling rested.
I than went and got my hair cut and colored. I haven't done this since September and was looking really gray. I can't believe all the gray hair that I have. I am to young for this.
Than my beautiful sister Amber took me out for Sushi.. We love sushi!



While I was gone for lunch, a beautiful bouquet of flowers was delivered from my sweet daughter Aubrey. I really miss her.
I than came home and my other sister Monica had brought me a beautiful cake. Oh my goodness, it was heavenly!
We ended the evening with taking the kids to one of my favorite places to eat, Cafe Rio. I love my Pork Salad.
The only thing that got me down today was the resignation of Jerry Sloan, the coach of the Utah Jazz.

My heart broke and I shed a tear or two. What are we ever going to do without him?
Almost a perfect day.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Happy Birthday Melanie. You look fantastic. I'm sure you look fantastic with gray hair as well;)

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a great day!

I was super sad to hear the news about Sloan as well. Sorry it was on your birthday.

Carmen said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds awesome, sushi, Cafe Rio...what more could you ask for? :) I am glad it was a good day, even with the tears over Sloan.