Sunday, September 11, 2011

My husband


I was reading a blog of a man who lost his wife a few months ago. He was going on about all the things that his wife did that he never realized until she was gone. It made me realize how truly grateful I am for my husband and I wanted to write it down.
Can I just say I am one blessed woman. I have a really good husband. I am spending forever with a man I still get butterflies with when I see him. I enjoy spending my time with him, talking to him about my triumphs and my sorrows. He is a righteous man who honors his priesthood. He is a great father who tries to teach by example. We have grown together in so many ways. I just love him! I am thankful for the advice and wisdom he shares with me to help me become a better person. I understand the wisdom in the counsel the Lord gives to cleave unto your spouse and none else. This year we celebrate 20 years of marriage. I know that is just a drop in the bucket of time that we have together. He is my best friend.

3 comments:

Suzy said...

It's wonderful that you and Jon have such a great relationship with each other.
I suppose Patriot Day is a day in which we have all learned to hold our loved ones a little bit closer. I am grateful that my daughter Allison was born on the first Patriot Day nine years ago, that my husband Jared was able to baptize her (a second birth) on her birthday a year ago, and that we were able to share another special birthday with her on Sunday, too.

Also, we have been using "Langston Loot" for a couple of weeks, now. We haven't perfected the system yet, but it is working more or less.

Suzy said...

It's me again. Once I get started, it's sometimes hard to stop. You may be interested to know that the main way in which my mental illness is usually manifested is by compulsive letter writing. My mind gets so full of the thoughts that I want to express, that I can't focus well on the world and duties around me until I clear my head by writing those thoughts out somewhere. Perhaps this blog is generating a lot of mental activity because it touches on a few key issues that I care deeply about.

melanie said...

Suzy,
I would love to be able to communicate back and forth. You can email me at melanie@jrbond.com and Jonathan's email address is jon@jrbond.com