Thursday, December 25, 2008

It's all about family

Christmas day is winding down. It has been a very fulfilling day. For me, it has been amazing because I had my husband, children, mom and some of my sisters here. I truly love my family so much. They are what bring me my greatest joy. It has taken me until today to feel the Christmas spirit. Usually I make lots of goodies and take them to neighbors. I always do a Christmas card and send it to friends and family. I did not do any of it this year. I guess I attribute it to losing my Dad. I am not really sure why it has taken the Christmas spirit out of things for me. I would think it would do the exact opposite. But, today as we were sitting down to eat the most amazing meal I was filled with such an overwhelming love for my family, especially the ones that are no longer with us.
I got a great gift this week in the mail. My step mom sent me my dads very favorite shirt in the mail.


I have atleast 4 pictures of him wearing this same shirt. I was very glad to get it. She was very thoughtful in sending it to me. So, Merry Christmas to you all. I hope you had a very peaceful Christmas..

3 comments:

Amy said...

Merry Christmas Mel! You are right... it is all about family! This Christmas is very quiet for us. Christmas just isn't the same without all the noise, craziness, and madness of the holidays.

I love your quote:

"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. One day each of us will run out of tomorrows"

What a great thought to start out the New Year.

I love you!

Bond Fam said...

Im glad that you had a good Christmas and that you were able to feel the Christmas spirit!

Tevye said...

Hi Mel - I have a small study desk that your dad made in wood shop in high school. It was in Bob's room and he has rearranged his room and has no need for it. I do not want to give it away to strangers but don't really have a spot for it in the house. Do you or any of your sisters want it? Let me know. Tried to e-mail you but apparently have the wrong e-mail.