Thursday, February 12, 2009

A bit of a scare.

Over the last month or so Jonathan has been having some weird things happening to his heart. It will start to tighten and sort of spasm but than goes away fairly quickly. We have been keeping an eye on it and knew that we wanted to get him to the doctor for it but we haven't. 

Well today on the way home from teaching his class, it started to hurt and tighten, like someone was squeezing his heart. I was in the passenger seat and saw him turn pale. He than started to sweat all the while driving and grabbing his chest. Okay, I was scared....very scared. 
He drove himself to the ER. He went in and I parked the car. So they hurried him back to his room. They started running all kinds of tests, just one thing after another.  They were putting  medication under his tongue, hooking him up to an EKG machine, taking blood, taking x-rays, putting an IV in him. They took it very seriously. 
In the end they found that it was not his heart but the muscles around his heart that were spasming and tightening.   They gave him some muscle relaxants and said it was probably brought on by stress but they were not sure. 
So, I am very glad that his heart is fine. It was scary but that news is much better than my 35 year old husband is having a heart attack. 

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

Oh my gosh that would have been so scary! Man that is much better news!

Katie said...

Yikes! Stress can do terrible things to you! Glad it isn't his real heart. Still scary, though. Glad he's OK.

Anonymous said...

wow guys. I'm so grateful he's "ok" I hope the things that are stressing him out start to look up. You guys are so awesome and I want good things to keep coming your way!

Jo Romero said...

glad it turned out good! Things like that are so scary but it is so nice to have it checked and turn out okay! And Congrats! give me a little time to think about what I want to make for you all and then I will get it for you! its so fun doing this!

Jake said...

Yikes. Glad it's not the old ticker afterall.

Mel and Angus said...

Well I guess your old man is officially old! I am glad it was just stress and not his heart. He needs to have some fun.

Brooke said...

Oh goodness. How scary. How is Jonathon feeling now? Life does get so stressful at times. Please be lessed stressed. What can I do to help?

Anonymous said...

Ah that is scary! How's the meds working out? And sorry it's late but I wanted to swish a Happy birthday!! (get it basketball swish hah) ok I'm lame!

Courtney said...

Oh wow! Tell him to take care of himself! I know it goes without saying, but still. Glad it's just stress and not something worse. Don't let him end up like Jake, because stress was part of his problem.

Anyway, again congrats on the new addition coming! So exciting!