Wednesday, February 11, 2009

35 isn't that old

I remember when I was young thinking that 35 was OLD. Well, it is amazing how perspective has changed. Yesterday was my birthday. It was a nice quiet day. My sister Amber came and got me for lunch. We went and ate sushi and had a great time talking and being with one another. I love her company. She is so thoughtful. She also put a slideshow together for me on her blog. That evening Jonathan and the kids took me to my favorite restaurant Thai Ruby. I love this place. Everything tasted so good to me, which is good considering these days very little tastes good to me.

Yesterday was also the first day of my second trimester.. HALLELUJAH! I am hoping that my appetite and my energy level return soon. I go to my first Doctor's appointment today. I am excited to hear the baby's heartbeat and make sure everything is okay. 
Thanks to all of you who sent birthday wishes my way. I have the best family and friends ever!!

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Happy Birthday! You are amazing! Have a great year!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! And good luck at your appointment. That's exciting that you get to hear the heartbeat! :)

Amy said...

You are right.... 35 isn't old at all. I am beginning to think 100 is old...haha!

Hope your day was GREAT!

Bond Fam said...

Im glad that you had a good day! And I am also super glad about you beginning your 2nd trimester, yay!

PS. I dont think 35 is old at all, and I never have,not even when I was super young, so there ya go, your not old at all!

Brooke said...

Mel! I knew that it was your birthday and I never e-mailed or texted or called. Happy Birthday! I can tell that you enjoyed it!