Friday, January 30, 2009

My heart aches

I have so many things to be grateful for. The Lord has blessed me so tremendously and continues to do so on a daily basis. But, over the last few days my poor heart has been aching for Jonathan's cousin Audrie and her son Kristoffer who is 5. For some of you this story is a repeat but for others, it is not. So, I will tell it in my words but will also give you the link so you can here it in Audrie's words.
http://theflackfamily.blogspot.com/
About a week ago her son was running a temperature and said his stomach hurt. So, she took him into Instacare and they ran an xray of his stomach and found a mass. From there they sent her to the ER and that is where they ran a CAT scan and found a large tumor on his Kidney and some spots on his liver. The next day he was flown to a hospital in Phoenix where they took a biopsy of the tumor. He is now in Albuquerque so they he can be closer to home. It is a very fast growing tumor and so they are starting chemo treatments for him tomorrow. It is heartbreaking to me that she has got to make such hard decisions for her 5 year old little boy. Haylee and Kristoffer are just 3 months apart in age.
All of my prayers have included Kristoffer. May I ask for you to please pray for him also. Through our faith miracles can happen. I believe this... And please remember who is important in your life and let them know...

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh how sad. I am grateful for so many things too. I am grateful that you shared this so we can be mindful of Kristoffer and his family and be able to pray for them.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about it, and I wonder if Audrey and Jonathan would be comforted to know that Jimmy has a very similar experience when he was 12 and by the power of a priesthood blessing was healed... If you have a contact address for them let us know.

Chanel said...

That is so sad Mel. I can't even imagine having to watch my sweet child go through all of that. I will keep them in my prayers.

Lori Buhr said...

Oh! Kristoffer is the joy of so may people's lives. Thanks for letting us know, we will pray for all of them.

Anonymous said...

Melanie! Happy bday the other day! I kept meaning to text you and then I never did. wow sorry about that! I hope you had a happy day :)