Friday, January 16, 2009

I am feeling old

Refereeing season has started. I reffed 4 games last night and by the time the fourth game hit, I was already hurting. My muscles in my legs just ached. I wondered how I was going to get through the fourth game. Luckily, it was a blow out so not a whole lot of running was involved. 

Just add the pregnancy to the mix and this body just isn't up for it this year. My energy level is literally non existent. Although I do find that exercising seems to help somewhat. I hope that when this first trimester is over that things will pick up. I know that getting pregnant in my older years is harder than my younger ones or I have just forgotten what it was like. Either way I really need to figure out a way to have more energy. I am just dragging all day long. I looked it up online to see what I can do about it and why and this is what it said: 
"Your body is really quite wonderful. During what is called the implantation phase of a pregnancy (the time when the ovum and sperm have joined and it is getting settled into the uterus) the development of the zygote is extremely fragile. Your body is in an amazing race to get the zygote implanted so that it can develop into a fetus. Your body understands this reproductive process far better than we can and it produces hormones to make you tired so that you will take it easy and you will rest - this helps to protect the fragile life that is getting settled in your womb.

We're a society that is constantly on the go so the constant feeling of tired can be really annoying. But as the old saying goes, rest is often the best medicine. You need the rest so that your body can utilize the extra glucose for the baby. It needs it to fuel development and so once you know that the line has turned pink, it's important to plan for some rest time during your day."

Anyway, I really am looking forward to when I start feeling normal again.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

well i would add to your list, already having 4 kids of all different ages, the cold weather... I think it sounds about right that you are exhausted!

Lori Buhr said...

So amazed at all you do for others and yourself. Take a vacation from something! Let others help you, it is only temporary! Enjoy pregnancy, it is such a special time.

Larin Cummings said...

?!?!!!You're pregnant!!:) I just gave Rog (who is sitting across the room) the information and he's pretty surprised:) We're so happy for you. We miss you guys so much! We're hopefully coming out to Utah this summer (May or June) and can't wait to catch up. Let's make a date of it. Just like the "good ol' times". Maybe a Princess Recognition to make up for the ones we lost:) I'm sure you could use some pampering right about now! Love ya!

P.S. I LOVED your slideshow to Jon. You guys are so inspiring.

Bond Fam said...

I hope that the second trimester will be much easier for you! Hopefully you will be able to feel more energized soon! In the meantime take it easy, whenever you get a chance (and as a mother of 4 Im sure that opportunity is rare!).

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

Did you delete your Dating Contract post? It showed up on my Google Reader, but cut off halfway down (right before the actual contract). Then I pulled up your blog directly and it's not there. I was really interested in what the contract consisted of. Any way, I can't believe you have kids that old!!
-Sean