Saturday, February 28, 2009

Catch up post

So not to many exciting things have been happening around here lately. This is a good thing considering my last post..

But, I was able to go to my first doctors appointment and heard the babies heartbeat. It was a beautiful 160 beats per minute. I  find it sort of comical that I am considered a high risk pregnancy because I am 35 years old.. I really did not feel old until they told me that. This means that I got to take an early glucose test to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes and I will have to take it again at 20 weeks. I also had to give about 5 viles of blood for all these other tests and my vein collapsed in the middle of it. That has never happened to me before. So, it left me with a big ugly bruise.
I stopped refereeing a few weeks early because it was just to hard for this old, pregnant body. I dreaded going so instead I chose to quit early. That was a big relief for me. Hopefully next year will be better.
And the best news of all is that I am starting to feel back to normal. I have more energy and I am not feeling so sick. Ya! for that.  I did find out that some of the reason that I was so exhausted all the time is that I have become Lactose Intolerant. Go figure... That is sort of a hard one for me because I love milk and cheese. I hope things will return to normal after the pregnancy.

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

Glad you're back! I would love to hear anything interesting about my mom! For some reason I cannot recall who the Anderson's are. You'll have to email me and let me know.
vfullman@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Ooh yuck. I'm sorry for the 5 viles of blood. I had to have that many drawn too. It wasn't fun. I think that's goofy that they call you 'high risk' at 35. I thought they didn't say that until like 40. Whatever. :) I'm glad to hear that things are going well though. I can't wait to hear the heartbeat. I'll have to wait a few more weeks though....

Courtney said...

Glad things are getting back to normal! Isn't it fun to hear the baby's heartbeat!

Bond Fam said...

Yay, I'm so glad that things are going well! Isn't that heartbeat such a beautiful reassuring sound?!

Emily said...

High risk at 35! That makes me laugh because so many people outside of the church (that I work for) didn't even start thinking of having kids until about the age of 35! Glad things are going well!

Brooke said...

Yeah Mel! I am so happy that you are feeling better. That is a great feeling. Sorry about your vein colapsing. I imagine that wasn't fun at all.