Saturday, May 2, 2009

Art Royalty



The Springville Museum of Art holds an Art ball every year. It is a big tradition in Springville that has been going on for the past 75 years or more. This is one of their big events that raises money for the museum. It includes a nice dinner, dancing and a program. Everyone dresses up in their fanciest attire to come to it. They also have Art royalty that is announced the night of the program.

This year Aubrey decided to try out for it. She made it down to the twelve finalists. These 12 finalists than have to perform a talent and are interviewed by 8 different judges. I was able to watch her perform in front of the judges today but the interview part was completely closed. They are also asked to submit a paper answering a half dozen questions.

here she is after the talent competition waiting for her interview.


We have to wait until May 16th to find out if she has made Queen or an attendant.. Whatever happens, she did amazing today. She had some very tough competition as their are some crazy talented young women in the area.

Here is her performance. I was so nervous for her so I think I was shaking as bad as she was. Also there is something wrong with my camera because the pictures and video are just a bit blurry. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it..

8 comments:

Amy said...

WOW!~

Was she really singing?? I have never heard Aubrey sing before. That is incredible!

melanie said...

Yes, she was really singing. She has a very powerful set of lungs.

Bond Fam said...

Way to go Aubrey! It sounds like you did a great job!

The Betitas said...

Way to go Aubs!

Lori Buhr said...

What a great performance. She looked so confident! Proud of you girl!

Chanel said...

She is so pretty and so talented. Way to go !

Maxine said...

Wow! She should have tried out for American Idol!!

Great job Aubrey, I'm sure by now you know the results....... I'll have to call.

Love you

Maxine said...

Wow! She should have tried out for American Idol!!

Great job Aubrey, I'm sure by now you know the results....... I'll have to call.

Love you