Friday, May 15, 2009

Mothers Day


I have so many different things to post about lately but finding the time to do it is the tricky part. But, I have got to talk about Mothers Day or the day before Mothers Day. Some of my sisters took my mom out to lunch on Saturday, the day before. It was really nice spending the day together. While I was gone Jonathan and the kids spent a lengthy amount of time preparing my Mothers Day gift.
We have had this bit of weedy ground in our front yard filled with wood chips, weeds and dried up dead plants. I have wanted to plant something beautiful there and have talked about it but have not done anything. So, they decided to clean it up and plant a flower garden for me. He took the kids to a local nursery and they all picked out different kinds of flowers to plant. They all pitched in cleaning out the spot. I was told it took about 2 hours just to do that.
I wish we could have gotten a before and after shot so you could see all the work that went into it. But, I absolutely LOVE it!!! It
was by far the best gift I could have gotten, one that can last all Summer..





Here are some of the different kinds of flowers that were planted... I love them.

2 comments:

Katie said...

What a sweet Mother's Day gift!

The Betitas said...

That is the best! Way to go Bond Family, so thoughtful!