Monday, January 18, 2010

Devin

Devin has had a busy last few months. He decided to try his hand at wrestling.This was a great time commitment for him as they have 2 1/2 hours of practice every weekday and tournaments on Tuesday and Saturdays. He has really loved it and has learned a lot. It sure is an intense sport though, different from most other sports because it is just one on one. Sometimes I find it hard to watch him because it is so intense.
This is him placing 2nd in his weight division for a tournament in Delta.

He also is refereeing 5th and 6th grade basketball again. He really enjoys this and can make some money also.He is trying to decide what he wants to do for high school next year. He was thinking about going to UCAS which is an accelerated high school on the campus of UVU. He would have his associate degree by the time he graduated from high school and have 2 more years of education paid for to get his bachelors degree. But, this would mean leaving his friends and really having to buckle down and concentrate on his studies, not much time for anything else.

He was also just made President of the Teachers Quorum for our ward. He takes this calling seriously and attends all his meetings that are required of him without much complaining either. He is a good boy and I can truly say he is such a joy for me to raise. I know having teenagers has its hard times but, I am okay with that because it sure has its good times too.

5 comments:

Amy said...

The kids are growing up so fast! Great job to Devin. We would love to come to some of his meets sometime. I think it would be awesome for my boys to watch and see the sport. So please... let us know!

Mel and Angus said...

Nice post. Do you know how many YEARS of Saturdays I spent watching wrestling? Jake started in 3rd grade and ended his senior year. I loved it though.

Lori Buhr said...

I don't know if you remember that Parker and Patrick were both state qualified wrestlers. We love wrestling at this house. It would be so great to come and watch him. I am proud of all your kids. They are awesome. Must come from their wonderful parents. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Yay for Devin! I have always been impressed with what a good kid he has always been. Congrats to him and all his accomplishments :)

Abby said...

Jennifer's son Chad was at that tournament! What weight division is Devin in? I think Chad is in the 160lb. on J.V.. It would be funny if you guys have been going to the same tournaments! :)