Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hello again


So I have been gone for awhile. I thought I would do a few catch up posts this weekend. But, I had to share this poem that Jerin, my 11 year old wrote. We had Parent Teacher Conferences and he read this aloud to me.
Here is his poem he wrote in school.


If I were in charge of the World


if i were in charge of the world I'd cancel- dramatic vampire movies, awkward moments on the phone,
naked good luck trolls on pencils,
excruciating headaches and boring typing classes.
If i were in charge of the world, There'd be cheap sushi,
free stuff for every A you get on your report card,
santa would come more than once a year,
pomegranates are a lot cheaper,
and sugar is a fruit.


if i were in charge of the world
you wouldnt have drugs.
you wouldnt have alcohol.
you wouldnt have burnt toast.
or " you didnt put a bag in the trash can"
you wouldnt even have crooked teeth.
If i were in charge of the world, reading would be a sport.
All hairs would be a little straighter.
and a person who sometimes forgot to go to bed,
and sometimes forgot to write down the homework,
would still be allowed to be in charge of the world.
-Jerin Bond

I got all teary eyed when he was done because first of all, it made me realize that he is growing up so fast and also that he is very expressive in his writing. What a great kid he is. He brings me so much joy. I love being a Mom.

4 comments:

Amy said...

What a creative and intelligent young man you have!! I absolutely loved Jerin's poem!

Heather said...

That is some great writing! It is very thoughtful and thought provoking.

Unknown said...

That's a wonderful poem! I love it.

Chanel said...

HOW CUTE! I'll voe for him, where do I register?