Thursday, February 4, 2010

Going to England



Aubrey is going to Worcestershire England for 6 months to be a Nanny. She applied about a month ago and found a few families that were really interested in having her as a nanny. She really got a great feeling about this one couple in England. So, she will be leaving at the beginning of May to start a new adventure.
I have such mixed emotions about it. I am excited for her. This is a great opportunity for her to travel and meet new people. But, she is leaving. My baby is leaving. I know that this was going to happen eventually but, I was hoping for awhile down the road.
She is so excited, she can hardly stand it. We are in the process of getting her passport and plane ticket together. We have already checked on churches close by. There are three near where she is living. I am so glad for that.
I just wish that my kids would not grow up so fast. I am not ready for this..

9 comments:

Abby said...

What an adventure for her! I can't imagine how hard it will be to let your "little girl" go...not quite the same as sending your baby off to kindergarten. :) Stay strong and enjoy the journey! :)

Angela said...

Is she already an adult? Man, I can remember when she was just little...time goes by way too fast.

I am sure she was well raised!

Unknown said...

What a cool opportunity! Sounds great :)

Mel and Angus said...

She will be so close to us! I am looking forward to a chance to see Aubrey in England! Yeah!

Amy said...

It is crazy how fast they grow up! Aubrey will be a wonderful nanny!!!

Lori Buhr said...

It's okay mom. This is when the "payday" comes and you watch her make all the decisions for herself that you have taught her how to make correctly for the last 18 years. She'll be a smashing success in England. It does hurt a mother's heart to let them fly. It gives us a taste of how Heavenly Father feels when he sends us here and how much he yearns for his babies to come home again.

Anonymous said...

Hoo-ray! That's so exciting! I remember when you were pregnant with her and we got to feel her hicup on the couch at g-ma Deans house in K-town! Haha I know she'll have a blast and you'll get along too!

The Hatfield's said...

Wow! What a great opportunity for her! Scary for her Mom though!!

Angela said...

Wow! Look at those lashes! She's a beauty!