Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My big and little helper


I am a very healthy person. I hardly ever get sick, which is a great blessing, especially for a mother. But, yesterday I woke up with a migraine. I have had 4 migraine headaches in my life. It was completely debilitating. If I tried to get up, I became very dizzy and sick to my stomach. I wondered how in the heck I was going to take care of Adalyn. Aubrey had to be at school. Jonathan just started a new job and could not miss work. So, I asked Haylee if she would stay home and help me take care of Addie. She was more than willing to help me out. She did such a great job. She helped change her diaper. She stayed on my bed with her and watched TV while I slept. She even brought me a glass of water and rubbed my neck. She played with her and kept her entertained until Aubrey got home.
When Aubrey got home she took Adalyn and just let me sleep. She dressed her and even painted her toenails. It is so nice to not have to worry about these things when I am feeling sick. I really have such good girls.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Sorry to hear you're having migraines and I hope they still don't come often. I've gotten bad tension headaches from a neck injury but I know it's still nothing compared to a migraine. Thank heavens for your wonderful girls!

Keri said...

You do have such wonderful girls! I hope you're feeling better now.

Angela said...

Re your comment. Yes he died of cancer in 2007.

Lori Buhr said...

Love you and so glad you have good help. You know the saying, "Good help is hard to find".