Wednesday, December 5, 2007

No one will intimidate me!

So, I started to referee basketball. I have done two 9th grade girls games and I will be doing a boys game on Tuesday. But, I am worried because they just assigned me mens league games for next week. The lady I refereed with last night said " don't do mens league games. They are a bunch of sweaty old guys that are just going to hit on you and try to intimidate you." So, today I check the games that were assigned to me and wouldn't you know it, I have 2 mens league games assigned to me.... I just keep telling myself, that I can do this! No one will intimidate me!! I am an amazing referee.... (positive imaging) So, hopefully it will go well and that my partner is a big man that will hurt anyone that comes near me...

3 comments:

Lori Buhr said...

Think of all of the men as your dad, it should defuse every situation. You keep positive imaging and don't let them give you any crap!

Emily said...

Ok! I have anxiety right now for you. Men and sports in general intimidate me! Let alone calling the shots in a heated basketball game. So Im probably not helping you right now. I'll be thinking positive confident thoughts your way. Let us know how it goes.

Katie said...

You are so brave! :) I don't even get in between my husband and the television when sports are on.