Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Choice

As all the kids around us are getting ready to start school tomorrow, mine will not be. This year through much thought and prayer by both Jonathan and I, we have decided to pull our children out of government schools. I will be homeschooling Jerin and Haylee.  Aubrey and Devin will go to an LDS based private school. There were many reasons why we made this decision but, the biggest one that stood out the most for us was that I wanted the gospel of Jesus Christ to be taught in their school subjects. For me, this is an important factor in their learning. I know this choice is not right for everyone, but it is right for our family. I am very excited and nervous to be making such a big transition. So many exciting things have presented themselves to us lately that I feel and know that the Lords hand is a part of. This is one of those things. 

5 comments:

Jo Romero said...

Are you doing Liahona? Congrats! It's such a big decision and one that many people have an opinion about! I for one am so glad we as parents have so many options. Good luck and I hope all goes well!

The Betitas said...

It is a big decision. One of the many you have to make as parents! It sounds like a great option to me! Let us know how the kids like it and how you guys like it.

Amy said...

I know you can do it!!! I think it is awesome.

Keep us posted on how it goes!

Katie said...

Way to go Melanie! I've thought a lot about home-schooling ... let me know how it goes!

Unknown said...

Nice :) I can definitely understand why that would be a good option. It may be hard, but it'll be worth all the work you put in, I'm sure. If it gets tough, don't forget you have love and support out here for you and your kiddos!