Sunday, August 31, 2008

Family Parties and visits

This weekend I have had a blast. To start off, we had Jonathan's cousin Tyler, his girlfriend Emily and our sister in law Amy over for banana splits and a game of Apples to Apples. Tyler is visiting from BYU Idaho. It was lots of fun and we are glad they decided to come and hang out with us old married people.

On Saturday we went to my cousin Amy's house for her son Stockton's baptism and a barbecue. It was so much fun. Lots of my extended family was there.

My in-laws also made a last minute trip up to visit with us. They brought 2 bags of their green chilis from their garden and a bag of fresh tomatoes.YUM!!! We than roasted the chilis and put them in my freezer. I now will have some to last me all winter. It is such a treat to have them come up. We don't get to see them as much as we would like though.

My brother Jared came up from Vegas on Friday. So, we were also able to spend this whole weekend with him. I don't get to see him very often. So, it was an amazing treat to be able to spend time with him.
On Sunday we celebrated my nephew Aaron's 18th birthday with a big barbecue at my sister Monica's house. All my siblings were there. It has been almost 4 years since we have all been together. I enjoyed my weekend immensely. I love my family so much, both sides.
PHEW!! It was such a busy weekend. I am blessed to be part of one of the most amazing families. Sad to see that it is over..

6 comments:

Amber said...

It was a fun past couple of days! You forgot to add that now all of your nephews are sleeping over. Hope my son is not keeping you up!! Love ya!

Brooke said...

WOW! You had an amazing weekend with an amazing group of people. Good to see you guys this weekend. BTW, I didn't see Hailey at the baptism. I had this thought as I lay in bed enjoying the days events. Was she there?

Kristy Dean said...

man we are some beautiful people huh :)

Amy said...

It really was an incredible weekend! I am glad we were able to spend of it with you guys.

Thanks for all the love and support through the years. You and your family truly are a blessing in our lives!

Lori Buhr said...

I love all of you so much. I remember when you were all little and running around at grandma and grandpas. I am so proud of each of you. You all make a positive difference in the world. Love you so!

Bond Fam said...

I know its taken me forever to comment, sorry! But it was fun, playing Apples to Apples with you guys, I love that game!