Friday, April 17, 2009

A first for everything

This week has been Spring break for the kids. Jonathan has had to work and so has Aubrey. So we have just stayed close to home. We decided that tonight we would travel up to Sandy and go see Monsters verses Aliens with my sister in law Kristy and her family at the Jordan Commons theater. It is so nice because this theater has reserved seating and lots of different restaurants and you can bring all the food into the theater with you. The kids are always excited to go watch movies up that way.

We were stopped at a light getting ready to turn into the theater complex and I looked over at the car next to me and there is a lady opening a bottle of Vodka and taking a drink out of it. I had to do a double take to make sure that is what I saw. It was a big clear bottle with the word Vodka written on it. I wasn't sure what to do. We had gotten the arrow to turn left. So, I got her license plate number and called 911. I told them everything that I saw in that quick 15 seconds. But, there were some things that I didn't get like the dispatcher asked me what was the color of her shirt? I did know important things like our location, the license plate number, the color and make and model of her vehicle, her race and how old I thought she was. I just kept saying I can't believe I just saw that... Devin's comment to me was "well you grew up in New Mexico I thought you would have seen that before." I have seen a few drunk drivers and plenty of drunks but never seen someone actually drinking and driving...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aaaggg! that's craziness. That's great that you did something.

Lori Buhr said...

I would have done a double take just like you did. Thanks for calling it in. That is always hard to do, but it the right thing to do before they hurt someone, maybe even someone you love.