Saturday, February 9, 2008

Self Help Book Help

So, my reading lately has consisted of lots of self help books. Currently, I have started 4 different books. I read them and think that is such a great idea. Then I get pumped up to do better. I tell myself I AM POWERFUL, I CAN DO THIS. This is the self talk that is supposed to be able to change my thinking and therefore my actions because "as a man or in my case a woman thinketh so is she." So, for a day or two I really put in my effort to do the things that are taught to me in these books. Than, I feel the opposition that seems to bear down on me so hard.I start to get discouraged.. Is this stuff really working? I must be missing something. I have a great desire to do better and be better. I want to have a successful family and marriage. So, I was given some great advice, but practicing it is so hard for me. It was this " what you want and what you desire are not the same thing. What you want, you are doing. What you desire is just that, something you hope for." My desire is to be a better wife, mother, friend. What am I doing about it? I know what I desire, now I must change it to what I want..

1 comments:

Jon Bond said...

"what you want and what you desire are not the same thing. What you want, you are doing. What you desire is just that, something you hope for."

who told you that?