Sunday, February 17, 2008

What has just happened?


Okay!!! I am beside myself with giddiness. My husband has done something he has never done before in all the 16 years we have been married. He has made bread. Not only did he make the bread, he ground the wheat that went into the bread. That is right!!! You read that correctly.. He ground the wheat. I have not even done that. He wanted to try our wheat from our food storage and also our food storage grinder. It was a handle turning grinder but the boys were a big help to Jonathan in that. It also tasted amazing. It was a piece of heaven. I am very impressed. He than said "what else can I cook?" He than proceeded to make brownies...WHAT? Is this Jonathan Bond, the man that has not cooked more than a few times our whole married life? I don't know what it was but I am not complaining.... I am pleasantly surprised and hope there are many more loaves of bread to come..

4 comments:

Sara said...

That's awesome!

Amy said...

Tell Jonathan to come over here and make us some bread. Sounds delicious!! Tell him I commend his efforts and he needs to start a business on "How to make a woman happy!"...haha!! He could make millions. Way to go Jonathan!! I am impressed!

Lori Buhr said...

Jonathan sounds like the Little Red Hen from the children's story that plants the wheat and tends the wheat and harvests the wheat and grinds the wheat and then makes the bread. He is more generous than the little red hen in that he shares! Happy baking. We just bought each of the kids one of those hand wheat grinders. They are on sale right now from a distributor/manufacuturer in Provo. E-mail me if you want details.

Tevye said...

I wondered what that good smell was! Now I know. MAking bread is a fine art - if you get it right there is almost nothing better.