Friday, February 29, 2008

Cake decorating contest

So, we had a father/son cake decorating contest in our ward. It was for cub scouts. Jonathan decided to take on the challenge. Like I said in previous posts, he is amazing me with his cooking abilities. All these years he has bragged that he really can cook. I just laugh because I have had no faith. There was no evidence to be seen.. So, he and Jerin decided to make a Cub scout hat cake. This was the same type of cake that Jonathan and his dad made when he was a young lad.
The cakes turned out awesome. The competition was fierce.Jerin and his hat cake. The dragon cake the big cupcake cake.


There were no awards given but, I know Jerin and Jonathan both loved doing it. I was pleased with the results and I think they both were also. All in all, it was a very successful night.

3 comments:

Lori Buhr said...

Cub scout events are the best! I always loved them, especially when the clean up was over. Looks like your guys did a great job!

Conner said...

Looks good Jerin and Jonathan! Mom helped me out. We did a campfire. It was a great hit!

Tevye said...

I love cake!