Sunday, March 2, 2008

The season is over and just beginning

Well, I refereed my last basketball games on Saturday. It was some tournament games for girls. I am both sad and relieved that it is all over. No more crazy fans and coaches yelling at me.
My next adventure will be to play in a womens basketball league for our stake. That should be a blast. They won first place last year for Springville. Although, I am a bit nervous. I haven't actually played on a team since high school. Man, that has been like 16 years. I have coached and I have refereed but haven't played for a very long time. I have been dreaming about it. But, they turn into nightmares. Like, I have the ball and start dribbling down the court but can't remember how to dribble and look silly and everyone laughs. But, I will do it. It should be great fun, even if everyone laughs.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you'll do just great playing ball! I have never played, and I really don't like basketball much, but Jimmy loves it. So I decided to play church ball, he got me all excited for it, but when we got to the church we learned that we'd read the schedule wrong and our team had just won moments before we arrived, so maybe it was a good thing we were late! GOOD LUCK!

Tevye said...

If you are like me it will take about 30 days to get over it and then you will be looking forward to the next season. In about 4 months you will start counting down the days!

Anonymous said...

yes we moved again. lol we are building again. we are down in the riverbottoms!

Anonymous said...

um.. Actually!!! the riverbottoms are in springville! we are in your stake now. Hobble Creek 15th ward. we are not in provo. but anyway... since when do you drive by my old house? that is a funny road to take.

Anonymous said...

oh. i didn't know of the ones in provo. So yeah, hunters valley. and i just realized you could see the sign from the other road when i drove by. lol sorry. but yeah. we are down sort of below the pizza hut church.

Anonymous said...

yes. i live by annemarie.. well a couple roads down from her. i live by Nichole Barton, and some kid named wyatt. Aubrey might know him. haha he is a little different.