Saturday, March 15, 2008

Church ball

So, I thought I was done refereeing for the season. I put my uniform away and was sad that I would have to wait until November to do it again.. Surprise!!! I am not done. They have asked me to officiate for church ball. I did a game on Thursday, a game on Friday and four games today. That is right, 4 games. Yes, my legs are weak but I am feeling really good. I love the exercise and it is a little more laid back than high school ball. (I didn't do any games for elders, otherwise I would worry.) I also have been told that their are tournaments and camps for different high schools through out the year that I can referee. So, maybe this will end up being a year round thing. That would be awesome. I love the exercise. I love the sport. As my partner told me today, "it is your time to shine."

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like you are keeping busy!!!

Lori Buhr said...

Basketball can be genetic to a Dean, but some of us get the recessive gene and others the dominant gene. I totally understand how you love it and I am proud of you and happy you can enjoy yourself this healthy way.