Wednesday, March 5, 2008

3 magical ingredients

Since Monica has lived back in Utah, she has taught me many useful cooking skills and tips. But, I think the one that I have used the most comes from 3 ingredients. Olive oil, kosher salt and pepper. These 3 ingredients will make almost anything taste good. For instance, I cut up some zucchini in spears last night, put these 3 ingredients on it and cooked it in the oven for about 20 minutes and now my kids eat zucchini. I put this on roasts, fish, potatoes, any type of vegetable that you roast. I have used it on diced sweet potatoes and broccoli. It is amazing. Olive oil brings out the true flavors of dishes plus it is a good healthy oil. This is now a staple in my kitchen. So, if you have a hard time getting your kids to eat your veggies, try this.. It worked for my family.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Amen and amen!

Bond Fam said...

I agree I love olive oil, I use it a lot!

The Betitas said...

I am always open for cooking tips. Keep um coming!!! P.S. How did the Sundance thing turn out?

Amy said...

Thanks for the tip! I always need help in the cooking arena.

Love the slide show too!

Anonymous said...

heyy, so the Snarrs are in our ward. If that helps.. i live around the corner and about 4 houses down. anyway.. lol