Thursday, March 27, 2008

Fun Phoenix festivities

We went on a fun weekend to Phoenix/Mesa and had the best time. It was so nice to just relax in the sun and enjoy being taken care of for a few days. I was so sad to leave. It went by way to fast. Here are some pictures from the trip.

our first day there we went kayaking. If anyone knows me, they know I have a great fear of water. So, I went in a raft and let Jonathan and my dad take the kayaks.
when I was little, I used to call these cheesies and would eat them from our front lawn. They were all over by the river. I know they are weeds now, but I had to eat one for memory sake.
my dad and I at the temple. He sure has gone gray.
Jonathan and myself at the Mesa temple... I love this temple. I have so many great memories of it as a youth.
at the easter pageant with a few of the cast members.
my dads backyard.. What a little paradise.
feeling like a kid again. I attempted to climb a tree.
the jousting tournament at the Renaissance Festival. It was a blast.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Ahh Cheesies :) Actually they are not a weed! They are a very useful herb called marshmallow. Check out the following link: http://www.morethanalive.com/Marshmallow-Root-Cut

Vanessa said...

I wouldn't mind having your dads backyard!

Bond Fam said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun!

Lori Buhr said...

The Dean's keep telling us to come and visit. We want to, but no time. I am glad you went and had a good trip. Your Dad has been gray for awhile, but Adrienne's love has helped him to be more accepting of who he is and he is more comfortable with it. (Just an outsiders observation). Love you all and I am missing family!

Amy said...

Looks like you two had a good time! I am glad you were able to sneak away. It was good to see a picture of your dad too. It has been a long time since I have seen him!

Katie said...

Yeah - I'm officially jealous. :)Especially today since it snowed 3 feet over night. We need some of that Phoenix warmth to shoot up this way! Or mayeb next time I'll just come with. ;P

Jen and Allen said...

Looks like you more than attempted. I remember that Joel and Summer were some of the few cousins who could get to the very top of Grandma’s big walnut tree before being spotted by Grandpa and told to get down. Looks like you had fun.

Carmen said...

Wow, looks like so much fun and so warm! Your dad does look grey, but it looks good on him.

The Betitas said...

Thanks for the comment you left on my post about not getting into the Social Work program in San Francisco. I appreciated the caring concern! It helped:) Love ya.