Monday, July 21, 2008

Aubrey's surprise party

On Friday Aubrey's best friends threw her a surprise party. They worked really hard on decorating and keeping it a secret. It was an 80's theme party. They had the guests come dressed in 80's clothes and we played 80's music while they danced the night away.They also had 80's karaoke and than ended the night by watching Ferris Bueler's day off. Definitely a party I would have gone to in high school. I think I enjoyed the music more than they did. It inspired me to do an 80's dance party for adults because it was so much fun.
This was her coming home from work and being surprised. I might add that they kidnapped her from work and threw her in the trunk.

Before the party started. They did a great job decorating. We had a disco ball and a strobe light.

Some of her friends dressed in their 80's get ups.

more friends having fun..

having fun karaoking to the 80's

The poster that everyone signed that was there.
It was a very fun night... Jonathan and I had so much fun dancing to all the great music. It brought back crazy memories. So, this Friday we are having an adult themed 80's party. I can't wait.

5 comments:

The Betitas said...

It sounds like Aubrey has some really good/fun friends! The 80's are so unique...can't be beat! Im excited to hear about your party. THAT will be SO FUN:)

Bond Fam said...

Im so glad that she had fun! I wish I could come to your party but im in New Mexico right now, I hope you guys have lots of fun!

Summer Smith said...

DANG! I wish i could be there for the party. I love the 80s

ms. aubrey l. said...

AUBREY HAS A BLOGGGGG
wooooaaahhhh

Lori Buhr said...

Happy Birthday! I 80's were great, a little slice of life that was never the same after they were gone. Glad the party was so great! Everyone should have a fun 16th birthday party.