Monday, July 14, 2008

Can it really be?

Today is Aubrey's 16th birthday. As I am typing this, I have a knot in my stomach. I feel so many emotions about this. I don't know if it is because she is the first or what but this is so hard on me...I do not want her to grow up so fast. As I was putting this slideshow together and going through the many pictures, I became so choked up.. Could that much time have really of flown by? She has become such an amazing, responsible young woman. I love being her mother. She is such a crack up. She has such a love for the gospel of Jesus Christ and a strong sense of what is right.... She is empathetic and accepts people for who they are. She has a strong sense of self.. I love her so much.... I am very blessed to be her mother. She has taught me so many important lessons.. This is for her.. Happy Birthday Aubrey!



11 comments:

Jo Romero said...

Happy Birthday Aubrey

Bond Fam said...

Ohh I loved the slide show, Happy Birthday Aubrey!

Keri said...

Wow, she's so beautiful & grown up that I hardly recognize her!

The Betitas said...

Ya! I cannot believe how old Aubrey is. I remember her so well as a little girl and now she is sixteen! Happy Birthday Aubs!

Brooke said...

Holy cow! No WAY!! Where has the time gone? HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUBREY! When are we going for a ride???

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

Mel, I think Aubrey looks more like you the older she gets (having just watched your little slide show from when she was a baby!)

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Aubrey! You went from a cute kid to a beautiful young woman!

Thanks for the slide show Mel... super cute!

Larin Cummings said...

Oh my gosh! I was crying just watching it! It's so beautiful and it does make you feel like time just flies by:) We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Wow how much we've all changed! And what a beautiful young woman she's grown up to be! Can't even believe it!

Summer Smith said...

i sure love that little lady

JaNae said...

To beautiful and amazing Aubrey...Happy 16th! Melanie, what a great gift...the slide show is awesome!