Thursday, November 13, 2008

I think I am solar

This past week has been cloudy and rainy all week. The sun peeked out of the clouds yesterday for a bit. My energy level has been completely depleted and I am DREADING winter. It is still Fall and I find myself wishing that the sun would just come shine on me and charge my solar batteries.

Plus, it just sort of brings on the blues. I guess they have a name for it. The acronym is S.A.D.
Seasonal Affective Disorder. That is a very fitting acronym because that is how I feel. I just want the sun to shine. At these times, I really want to live in a state with sunshine and warm weather...
I think San Diego sounds very nice right now. 

10 comments:

Bond Fam said...

I have this problem too, I am never as happy in the winter as I am in the summer. My sister-in-law has seasonal depression and she bought what is called a solar lamp. She says it actually works, she just turns it on and sits by it for a bit and she starts to feel much better!

Katie said...

DITTO!

Chanel said...

I agree. It is still in the 70's and even 80's on some days here, but I like it to be warmer. I also am not a fan of it being dark at 6:00.

Sara said...

Winter is definitely my hardest time of year!

Anonymous said...

well i might be the odd duck out... but i love winter! haha. hmm up until about the end of January. Then it starts to hit me.

Amy said...

Today is super nice day! The sun is shining.... it might be the last sunny day for a while.

I am actually different then most.... I like winter!

Mel and Angus said...

San Diego has the June gloom. The sun doesn't shine for many months. Just thought I would let you know since I know you were seriously going to move there! :) Scotland might not be the place for you either. It rains everyday and in winter the sun only shines from about 9 a.m. to 3 or 4 p.m. I am wondering if I am going to be feeling the way you are currently feeling!!

Vanessa said...

I love the sun! I would so rather be in 110 degree weather than 32 below!

Unknown said...

I hear ya...luckily it's been nice lately but I get to feeling quite lethargic and pessimistic if I don't get much sunshine. Vitamin D supplementation might help...just an idea. I like the solar lamp idea too...I might have to try that!

Brooke said...

I am with Rach...the odd duck out. I can't wait till it starts to snow and I LOVE the clouds. Though I love gloom and snowy weather, I don't want you to feel down and sad. What can I do to cheer you up?