Thursday, November 20, 2008

A treasured find

Last night I was up late. Jonathan was working and I was keeping him company. There are a few boxes that have not been unpacked yet, mostly because I have no idea where to put things. There was an open box in his office with some books in it. On top of these books there was a brown folder looking book. It has been with me for quite awhile. My mom gave it to me a few years ago with all the genealogy she had in her home. So, I decided to grab it last night and look through it. To my amazement, it was my dads personal history and a list of important events in his life. There was so much information listed in there that I did not know. For instance, he was actually baptized in the Catholic church as an infant. I never knew that fact about him. It only covers the first 24 years of his life but it was full of things I never knew about my dad. It also has the original certificate of birth from Mercy Hospital in Durango Colorado and the certificate of baptism and confirmation. I love this... I don't know why I have never looked at it before but I am so glad I found it, especially now...

6 comments:

Chanel said...

What a treasure!

Vanessa said...

Wow! What a find! Such a great keep sake!

Bond Fam said...

How exciting to find something like that! Im sure it is something that you will treasure always!

The Betitas said...

What a huge blessing! A written collection of your dad's life! I hope you add to it by writing down your memories of him so they won't be forgotten.

Anonymous said...

oh my that is amazing! you are right. a treasured find. Love you

Lori Buhr said...

Nothing happens by accident, you were meant to find it at this special time. Congratulations!