Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Human Life balance sheet

So, things in life have not been running as smoothly as I would like them too. Life at times seems very unbearable. So, how do I get better at this? How do I look at what is going on around me and say "what can I learn from this" because lately all I have been saying is "when will this end."

So, how do I find a balance of serving and being served. A wise person told us to look at life on a balance sheet, sort of like we do with our finances. Are we being served more than we are serving? Are we serving and serving but not allowing others to serve us? Are we taking more than we are giving?

This life sometimes feels so overwhelming. I feel there is so much that I have got to learn and there is no time to screw up because I have 4 children that count on me and my sanity. So, I will be glad when the only question that I ask is "what can I learn from this?"

3 comments:

Emily said...

The word of the day for me is forgiveness. I think of all the commandments, this might just be the hardest!!!! I still don't know exactly how it happens. I don't know the process or the check list. It is hard hard hard. Its something I've been thinking about most of the day. Any insights?

Katie said...

Ohh Mel! I feel the same way a lot lately, too. But we just keep on keeping on, don't we? ((Hugs))

Lori Buhr said...

Some day I will write a blog or a book titled "Life is a four-letter word...and I suck at it!" I get in those moods too. Usually it is when something is out of whack with me, and generally I exhibit the mood by being bitter and small to those I love the most, producing the feelings of extreme guilt and nasty pride that destroys the peace and harmony that I strive so hard to build when I am feeling better. The solution for me is to focus on improving myself and soothing my spirit by crying, listening to good music, praying sincerely for strength and forgiveness and maybe a massive dose of house cleaning or chocolate eating. We are none of us perfect. God is and He loves us and sometimes that has to be enough for the day.