Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Was it a Bear?


So, last month I get a phone call from a neighbor asking if I heard about the Bear. I had been watching the news and a story came on about a bear that was seen in the vicinity of Springville high school, which is about a block away from my house. So, I told him "yes I had heard the story on the news." He precedes to tell me that the bear was 2 houses away from mine and to make sure that I do not let Haylee out unsupervised and to bring my dog inside until they catch it. Well, they never caught it.


So, a few nights ago, I was sleeping in my room and I was awakened to a loud shuffling noise on my deck outside my room. I have 2 lounge chairs that were being pushed into my glass doors that lead to my room. I was just praying that they were locked and would not open. I kept thinking "either it is a stupid burglar or something else." I was hoping it was just a deer. We get deer often in our yard, so I hoped that was what it was. I did not dare get out of my bed to check just in case it was the bear. I just knew if the bear saw me, that glass would not do a whole lot to prevent it from coming in and eating me.

Of course this was a night that Jonathan fell asleep in the front room. So, I will never know what was on my deck and that is fine with me...

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh! The suspense is killing me! Now I will never know either!!!!!:(

Katie said...

I think having a bear break into your house would be scarier than having "The Scary Guy" break in! Yikes! We had "bear alerts" and "moose alerts" all the time in Alaska. Scary!