Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanks "living"

So I read this great little article called Thanksliving by James Ray. I wanted to post it on here for others to read... I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. I love spending time with my family. They are the most important thing to my life. It was great getting together to laugh and eat and laugh and eat some more... Anyway, here is the article


"You may be aware that while I was growing up, my father was a Protestant minister. For years, I attended service three times per week and, like most kids, often just wanted it to "hurry up and get over with."

However, with my current understanding of the mind, I now know that while I sat in service and doodled, fidgeted or pestered my little brother, my unconscious mind was wide open and received many great teachings and truths.

One of those teachings came back to me in my meditation this morning, and I thought it was very appropriate for this week.

I remember my father saying almost yearly from his pulpit, "We need to not only practice Thanksgiving but 'Thanks Living'."


While some who don't understand the power of energy, vibration and attraction may think that gratitude is not a big deal, I can promise you that:

Gratitude is the mother of creative vibrations.

You see, when you're grateful for what you currently have in your life, it focuses you on the best. And that puts you in a vibration (feeling) to attract and receive more of the best.

When you have a lack of gratitude in your life, you're focusing on the worst, and that puts you in a vibrational feeling that attracts to you more of the worst."

Life is a self-fulfilling prophecy and YOU are the prophet
.

Now as you stop and think about this, it's very practical.

Think about the person who's constantly ungrateful and full of complaints and problems. Do you want to be around them... much less help them? Probably not.

Conversely, think of someone you know who's constantly grateful and appreciative in life. Same question: Do you want to be around them? Would you like to help this person if possible? Probably so.

The universe and all its inhabitants line up in support of the person who's in a vibration of gratitude.

Here's my recommendation as you move into the Holidays this year: Make the theme of the Holiday Season "giving thanks."

While eating turkey and watching football may be the norm around your household, sit down for a least a few minutes and have each family member (including you) list out loud at least 3 things that you're grateful for. -James Ray



I hope that we can all remember to have more gratitude for the great things that we all have in our lives. There are so many people that have touched my own life for the good. Thanks to all those people. I am sure if you are reading this, you are one of them.. Love you all! Melanie

1 comments:

The Betitas said...

this is a very powerful concept. i love the stuff you find! keep sharing. thanks mel.