Friday, June 13, 2008

Lesson on Sharing

Every Thursday I go and cook with Monica for some of her clients. It's a great learning experience for me, as it helps me to get so many ideas on what to make for the week and how to cook healthy. Well, Haylee almost always comes with me. It gives her a chance to play with her cousin Brian. They are only 6 months apart in age and have grown up very close, almost as brother and sister. Yesterday Haylee came downstairs with her pockets full of change.. This is how the conversation proceeded.

Melanie- "Where did you get all that money?"
Haylee- "Brian gave it to me..."
Monica- "Brian you have been saving up that money for a long time. You need to go put it back in your bank."

Haylee and Brian seemed disappointed. Haylee comes down later with her hands in her pocket and said she wants me to take her to the store so she can spend her dollar that Brian shared with her. I told her that she was supposed to put the change back in Brian's bank. She proceeds to take a Dollar that has been ripped in half out of her pocket.

Haylee- "I did put the change back but Brian said he wanted to share his dollar so we could both get something. Brian has one half and I have the other."

It was very funny. We had to explain to them that it does not work that way. Monica suggested trading the dollar for 4 quarters and Brian could than give Haylee 2 of the quarters. But he didn't want 4 quarters he wanted a dollar!!! HA HA!

6 comments:

Bond Fam said...

haha kids are so funny, but how cute that he wanted to share with her so badly!

Lori Buhr said...

That is so sweet. Cousins are the greatest.

Vanessa said...

That is the cutest!

The Betitas said...

cousins are the best! i have such good memories of being their age and playing with my cousins. that is a very sweet thing that Brian:) i miss everyone!

Katie said...

What a sweet boy Brian is to share his dollar!

Amy said...

That is the best story ever!! It reminds me often how sincere and thoughtful children are. That is just a precious story!!