Monday, June 30, 2008

Trip to the dentist

Today I took the kids to the dentist to get a cleaning. The prognosis is usually the same. Devin who is my avid brusher has 5 cavities. Jerin who does not brush unless I remind him a number of times has no cavities and Haylee who brushes the way a five year old does had 1 cavity and 2 abscessed teeth. So, Haylee had to have 2 teeth pulled. She was such a trooper. She did not even cry once. They wanted to give her some nitrous oxide and I told them to try it without first and we will see how she does. She did so great. She did better than my 13 year old. I guess she has a high tolerance for pain. But, I think I will be brushing her teeth for her from now on..
She was a little scared when they let me come up and see her but not one tear.
Haylee felt a bit strange from being so numb. Her first experience with that.
These are her teeth. She is excited for the tooth fairy to come even if the dentist had to help with that.

6 comments:

Bond Fam said...

Isnt it funny how the one that brushes has tons of cavities?!? I cant believe that Haylee was so good getting her teeth pulled, what a trooper!

Rick...the meek and mild said...

Yikes!! She must have Dean teeth as I would see the dentist much more often than I would see the doctor.

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

Wow, I bet it took a few tugs to get those suckers out.

Vanessa said...

How sad! That is a huge tooth!

Brooke said...

What a trooper. I have never had any teeth pulled, and I still don't like going to visit the dentist. Way to go Haylee.

Lori Buhr said...

Oooh! I have to go to the dentist next week for a check up and now I am scared!