Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Winds of Change

So that is the best title I can use for our lives over the past few months. Well, it all started at the beginning of February when Jonathan was laid off of his job. It was not to unexpected but we hoped that things could turn around for the company. So, with the best of hopes he stayed on for another month without pay hoping that he might be of some use. Well, in that month we did lots of praying and talking and we finally both got enough courage for him to go on his own. I say both because if it were up to him he would have done this a long time ago. But, I was under the false idea that a "job" is security and that going on your own is foolish. Well, this was a hard lesson to learn. But, a good one. So, he now has been doing his own thing for a little over a month and the Lord has blessed him with work and a hope for a bright future.
Now, the second bit of change is we will be moving by the end of May. I must say that I am mixed about this one entirely. There are good and bad things about this. I loved this house that I have been fortunate to live in for the last year. It was in every sense of the word my dream home. But, it is only that, a house. We can and will find another place to live. That is the part I am asking help with. Does anyone know of a home that is available to rent or lease option to buy? We would love anyones help.
There have been some great lessons learned through this new adventure of our lives. The biggest one for me is that my family is really what is important to me. I have been able to see and spend more time with my husband in the last few months than I have in a long time. We have both grown so much closer and stronger together. I love that he can make his own schedule. He went and volunteered and the meat packing plant today because he could. I am excited to see what is next. I just know it is something good....

5 comments:

Amy said...

So good to hear from you. I have been thinking about you a lot lately!

Is there anywhere in particular you are looking to live? For instance, do you want to stay in Springville or around that area? What are is your family looking for?

I love you!

Lori Buhr said...

Wow! This is what is so great about blogs! I didn't know all this was going on in your life. I am grateful that you have had the faith to support your husband. We loved having our own business and we were so blessed. It gives your family a lot of flexibility. You're right, things will work out. The only houses I know of are out here in Tooele, but it is a great place to live!

The Betitas said...

Mel! I had no idea!!! You sound very calm abut everything. If it was me, I'd be freaking out! Im sorry to hear about having to move. I loved your house too. You sound faithful, and I know that after trials come blessings.

Bond Fam said...

Im so glad that you guys have been able to figure things out, change is sometimes scary, but your right, it will all be fine cause your family is whats important! I will look around for houses, I love to just drive around neighborhoods and sometimes thats the best way to find a house! Please let me know if you need help with anything, cause I would love to help. I know I dont come over that often and I dont want you to think its cause I dont like you guys, Im just kinda shy about just stopping by cause Im always afraid that I will bug people!

Brooke said...

I did not know about this. While reading your e-mail I had a feeling of excitement. I know wonderful experiences are out there for you. Keep me posted.