Tuesday, January 8, 2008

AHHHH!!!!!

Okay, so that is the only way I can describe how I am feeling right now. Last night I went to an association meeting for all Utah County referees. This was a training meeting on what to do and what not to do. They focused mainly on watching for offensive fouls and staying in the area that we are supposed to cover. Anyway, there were probably about 50 people there and 5 were woman. So, we stood out. But, I thought I was fairly knowledgeable in basketball until last night. So, they were showing some videos and asking us to evaluate it. They showed a play that looked like a defensive block to me. But, I guess I was wrong. It was an offensive foul. I thought I had been trained on what to look for. But, I feel like I just don't know what I thought I knew, especially when it comes to all these veteran men who have been refereeing for years. So, I just shut my mouth and did not say anymore. I really feel my confidence level has dropped. I keep telling myself that I will be fine, that I can do this. They also want me to referee a ward basketball game while they sit by and evaluate me as a referee. That makes me so nervous. How can I do my best when I know someone is watching everything I do and critiquing it? So now you understand why I feel like screaming AHHHHH!!

0 comments: