Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It's a deer!!!!

I was busily working on the computer this morning when I hear Haylee screaming "Mommy!! Hurry!!! There is a deer!!!" Now I couldn't tell if she thought that was a good thing or a bad. So, I went to the front door but her screaming had scared them away. She said "they went that way", pointing to the other side of the yard. So I went to my laundry room lifted the blinds and this is what I saw.




They stayed for about 20 minutes and Haylee watched them the whole time. She sat and talked to them, you know she wanted to find out what their names were and where they lived... ha ha!! She was sad when they finally left. I told her that they might come back tomorrow... It was pretty cool!

3 comments:

Tevye said...

Deer will eat all of your best landscaping. They are pretty but they can make havoc with your outdoor plants. A fun experience that Haylee won't forget.

Bond Fam said...

Wow that is cool, I bet Haylee thought that was so fun! Thats neat that they came so close. But I agree that they can kill the landscaping, growing up we had a deer take a huge chunk out of one of our pine trees and to this day it still looks deformed. So cool though!!

Rick...the meek and mild said...

I'll have to see what grows back on our landscaping. We have had up to 7 deer in our front and back yard this past week eating the grapes, vines and hedges. They are looking quite bare now so maybe the visits will be gone as well.