Monday, January 21, 2008

Sundance

So, my sister Monica got a huge gig up at sundance for a company that is hosting 2 films. She is cooking for them 3 meals a day for ten days. Aubrey and I went up and helped her. WOW! It was lots of work, very tiring but fun. It was an energetic atmosphere. We will be going up again this weekend.

I did come to a realization though... I am so thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am thankful that I have a strong grounded testimony. I know where to find my happiness. I know that this seems like a strange place to have this type of realization, not that I did not know this before but I guess I have just taken lots for granted lately. It is good sometimes to get out of my comfort zone and be reminded of these things. There are lots of worldly enticements out there, things that people would have me believe are important. I saw this behavior quite a bit up there, the stars, the "important" people with lots of money.

I am glad for the opportunity to serve for Monica but also the blessing of being able to see and learn.. I know the Lord is willing to teach me and sometimes when I don't expect to be taught.

2 comments:

Bond Fam said...

So true, when I watch the news and see how messed up a lot of the famous peoples lives are, I just feel so grateful for the gospel, and that I have direction in my life.

Rick...the meek and mild said...

Like President McKay said, the family is the basic unit of society...and eternity. It sounds so simple doesn't it? So many chase the world when they should pursue the family tie.