Monday, January 7, 2008

Birthday with Grandma

So yesterday was my grandma's 83rd birthday. We went out to Tooele after church to help celebrate it with her. I enjoy seeing and spending time with her so much. We were talking and I asked her what she thinks of being another year wiser and older and this is what she said to me. "I went visiting teaching to an older lady who is 93 and in good health. We talked for a bit about getting older and her comment to me was The devil don't want me and God has forgotten about me.." It was a funny comment.


We all really enjoyed being there. Grandma spent the time playing hit the balloon with my kids and they loved it, especially Haylee. I think they had 4 balloons going at one time. I am thankful that my kids can know their great-grandma, that they can make fun memories with someone that I have so many great memories with. There is so much that I love about her. I know that she misses my grandpa but I am so thankful that she is still here and that we were able to go spend the evening with her.

3 comments:

The Betitas said...

I thought about calling her 3 or 4 times and by the time I finally grabbed my phone to do it, it was 10:30pm. I too am so glad she is around. Sorry I didn't call when we were home for Christmas. Our time in Utah went by so fast! We will be coming through on our way to San Francisco this summer so I will keep you updated on those dates.

Amy said...

Very fun! We ended up not going because of the weather and the late church schedule. I was very sad we weren't able to to make. Thanks for sharing!!

Lori Buhr said...

Thanks for driving out, I know the roads and weather were terrible. It meant so much to Mom. She has thanked me several times for, "such a nice day". I don't think anyone is more glad than I am that she is around. It will be very hard to have her die (whenever she does, NOT soon!) because she is a part of my life every day.