Friday, October 31, 2008

Some thoughts from this last week

This week has been a very peaceful week. I have truly felt all the prayers that have been given in my families behalf. I have felt such a peace this last week. I am so grateful for the comfort the holy ghost brings.
It seems that most of my thoughts of the last week have been centered on my dad. It still seems not quite real to me. I only talked to my dad about once a month and saw him a few times a year. It truly is amazing to me how the Lord is so merciful to his children. We can only be given what we can handle. I believe that is true also in dealing with the death of a loved one.
My Dad's wishes were to be cremated. At first this was very hard for me to accept. When my brother passed away, I was able to see him. This brought a good amount of closure for me. But, as the week has gone on, I know that the ashes are not my father.. He lives on. He has gone home. I am sad for myself but not for him.
He lives on in many ways. One of these ways are through his paintings. He loved to paint. We all have something he has painted. I have 4 paintings and they all have a personal note attached to the back.
The following are all the paintings that we were able to get together for the service. The first 4 are mine. These pictures do not do them justice. They truly are amazing works of Art.

5 comments:

Chanel said...

Wow Me! He was so talented! What an awesome treasure you have in those paintings.

Amy said...

I loved this post! I loved your words and thoughts!!

And guess what? ... I love you too!

How blessed I am to be a part of the amazing Dean family!

Jo Romero said...

love his work mel! I would buy all of them! Really what a great thing to have to always remember him!

Mel and Angus said...

What beautiful art. How nice to have that as a reminder of your dad and his talents. Your children probably have some of the most artistic genes around with Jon being an artist too. It is wonderful to know that we take something from those who have gone before us! I hope in your grieving you remember the sweetest memories!

Love, Aunt Melanie

Bond Fam said...

Im so glad that you have been able to find peace in this sad time. What beautiful paintings! If you need anything let me know! Love ya!