Friday, October 3, 2008

Fall Weather

I have really enjoyed the last week of weather. It has been in the mid 80's and gets down in the 50's at night. That is by far my favorite kind of weather. But, all this is starting to change. I think I saw the last days of the 80's for the rest of the year. That really brings on the blues. I love warm or even hot weather. Sometimes I wonder if I truly am warm blooded. I am always cold unless I am sitting in the sun. I have to bring a jacket with me everywhere. When someone in the room is hot, you better believe that it feels perfect to me. I have to take a coat with me into a restaurant because I get so cold after I have finished a meal. It doesn't matter how warm it is in the restaurant you will still find me shivering away.

Now the question is why do I live in Utah when it gets so flippin cold here? IT has nothing to do with the weather, that's for sure... There are some great things about living here. I love the mountains and being so close to temples and family.

I am not looking forward to the cold weather or snow. I hate bundling up and putting on layers. Give me sunshine and flip flop weather anytime... Good bye warm weather. I will miss you.

7 comments:

Bond Fam said...

I agree, I hate snow, and I hate being cold, grrr! I just keep hoping that this nice weather will last for a while longer!

Amy said...

Bundle up with Jonathan, make yourself a cup of hot chocolate.... and you will LOVE cold weather...smile!

Are we still on for lunch Tuesday?

Katie said...

I will miss my flip flops, too!

Leslie said...

Mel, Your blog is so cute! I'm so glad I found it! How are you????

Anonymous said...

Mel! I don't have any appointments this week (excpet today.. Monday) So let me know if something works for you this week :)

Tevye said...

I am always warm - I have developed a lot of personal insulation over the years - perhaps you should too. Remember, round is warm!

Lori Buhr said...

Amen. If you wonder how I feel you can access all my archives from last winter (the eternal winter).